Monday, April 21, 2014

My first!


        Goal accomplished - I did it!



I purchased the NutriBullet yesterday and I am super-excited!  I chose to purchase the red-colored NutriBullet because red signifies excitement, daring, boldness, and life. 

My day began at 4 a.m. this morning and ended late this afternoon with a trip to the dentist so I was unable to initiate my initial NutriMeal until late this evening.  My plan was to start fresh tomorrow morning but I was unable to contain my excitement in using the NutriBullet so, with a mouth that is half numb, I finally made my first NutriBlend.  Because I have type 2 diabetes, I am interested in controlling my carbs so I am tracking my carb grams.  I also need to lose weight and at some point I will began to calculate my calories.


My first NutriBlend:
Used the NutriBullet short cup.
A handful of Spinach (50% or 1/2 of the short cup)
1/4 cup of frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, redberries ~ 5 gms carbs)
1/2 medium banana (~ 15 gms carbs)
1/4 cup Walnuts (~ 4 gms carbs)
Almond/Cocunut Blend (~ 1/4 cup, forgot to measure, 0 gms carbs)
Wanted it sweeter so added 1/4 small packet of Truvia (0 gms carbs)

Looked terrible but actually tasted okay.  Seedy due to the berries but I like seeds and nuts so it was okay for me.

I'm happy and will try to experiment with some other NutriBlends over the next few days.

Resources:
Calorie King@ http://www.calorieking.com/ - excellent resource for tracking food metrics such as calories, carbs, protein, fat, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment