Monday, April 14, 2014

Preparation


After careful research and deliberation of juicers and blenders, I have decided to go with the nutribullet (I will purchase it this weekend).  I have type 2 diabetes and fortunately I have been able to keep it under very good control for several years so I prefer to retain my fiber and add a lot of veggies with a controlled amount of fruits/carbs for my meal plan.  Initially I had a difficult time understanding the difference between juicing and blending but after speaking with a dietician, reviewing youtube videos, and researching information on the internet, I think I finally understand the difference.  The following video explains the difference very clearly although I am not willing to spend hundreds of dollars for a blender or juicer.  I encourage anyone who is planning to make drastic changes to their diet and/or exercise plan to consult with their primary care provider and a registered dietician BEFORE making the change.  By the way, I am a nurse practitioner, certified diabetes educator, and certified chronic care professional and I will continue to consult with my dietitian and my primary care provider as I engage in my revision of the lifestyle and behavioral changes needed to become a healthier me.  Peace!

  

Below is some information about the video "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead "
which has inspired me to try blending/juicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment